Monday, May 5, 2008

A brand new blogger blogs

Our rector has just started a three-month sabbatical, and has been letting us know how it is going by blogging, so I had to read to find out. And then thought, why don't I blog?

Easier to say than to do. I needed an identity, and immediately what came to mind was something about tarantulas. Everyone who knows me knows I have a tarantula--have had it for over 15 YEARS! They last long time--slow metabolism being the primary reason, and I guess because nothing bothers them.

Then I needed an email address, then I needed a format! Who cares about the format? You should care about the words!

Now I'm writing a bit, and will revisit again soon.

Dave

1 comment:

Tarantula Lover said...

Blogs can be kind of a pain, like making a recording on your phone and then somebody calls up and says "Your machine message is 3 months old." Same with blogs. You think you're doing it regularly, and you're not, because it's real hard to say something profound day after day!

I'm getting a new pet tarantula tomorrow, a big one--about 5 inches' leg span.